Evening Classes and Adult Education in Hampshire provide further learning opportunities for residents of the Hampshire community. Courses provide learning and skills focused on supporting career progression, employability and job skills or to progress to further learning.
Discover a fascinating hobby or interest, develop skills to move on at work, or start training for a whole new career – it is never too late to further your education and there are lots of opportunities to learn and develop your skills.
By taking an Evening Class or Adult Education course in Hampshire you will:
· Learn on your doorstep at locations in your community or learn from the comfort of your own home, depending on the class or course you choose.
· Boost your career with qualifications across a range of professions, increase your knowledge in your current career or start working towards a whole new career – the options are endless!
· Pick up new talents and meet people in your community with similar interests.
Why study in Hampshire?
The county of Hampshire blends city, coast and country flawlessly. Alongside the natural beauty of New Forest National Park and South Downs National park and stunning countryside and scenery, you will find a county full of history and heritage.
The three historic cities Portsmouth, Winchester, and Southampton are brimming with history and character, not to mention fantastic attractions, music, theatre and sporting venues along with great bars and restaurants.
Hampshire’s coastline offers excellent sailing and water sports and with excellent transport links to London, you are never more than an hour away from the coast.
Top places to visit in Hampshire include Portsmouth, Southampton, New Forest National Park, Winchester Cathedral, South Downs National Park, Church of St Peter and Portchester Castle.
Southampton University is known for being research-intensive and has the only Engineering faculty in the UK to receive the highest rating across all disciplines in the latest Research Excellence Framework. Southampton is cited as the UK’s leading university for Engineering.
Wessex Institute of Technology is popular among students worldwide for its advanced sciences and engineering research programmes.
Where can I study in Hampshire?
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Southampton
- University of Winchester
- Wessex Institute of Technology
For a full list of possible classes and courses, you can visit our website and enquire or even book courses that appeal to you. Visit Whichcollege.ie to search universities, colleges or institutes taking admissions in your area now!
Facts about Hampshire
· Highclere Castle set in the Hampshire countryside is one of the main filming locations for “Downton Abbey”. It also played host to the filming of “Jeeves and Wooster” starring Hugh Laurie (now better known as “Dr House”) and Stephen Fry.
· The Spitfire aircraft was invented by R. J. Mitchell and was first flown from Eastleigh, Hampshire on the 5th March 1936. After it had completed its official trials, the RAF ordered 310 aircraft which changed the game for Supermarine (British aircraft manufacturer), as prior to this, their biggest order stood at just 12 machines.
· Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle wrote the original Sherlock Holmes story in Southsea, Hampshire. The character Dr Watson was based on a real doctor who was president of Portsmouth’s literary and scientific society and was actually a friend of the author.
· The British luxury fashion house, Burberry, was established in Basingstoke in 1856 by Thomas Burberry.